Clayton & McCulloh was the first law firm in Central Florida (and possibly the State) to feature a Client Services Department. What is a Client Services Department (CSD)? Our Client Services Department is staffed by three non-paralegal staff members who assist our Clients with any non-legal issues. This Department is a valuable resource for our clients and just another demonstration of our firm’s dedication to our clients.
The following are some of the areas that our Client Services Staff assists our clients:
- Case Status Reports. Need an updated Case Status Report before your Complimentary Report is next issued? Our Client Services Department will provide you an updated complimentary Status project on any issue we are handling.
- Ensure Compliance with Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. The CSD will check the State’s web-site to ensure that you have timely filed your Annual Corporate Report. If you have not, they will contact you so you may avoid having your corporate status dissolved by the state for non-compliance. This complimentary service can save your Association penalties or possible dissolution of your Association’s corporate status.
- Update your Board of Director Information. Have a new board? Did someone resign and a new appointment was made? You can either update your Board Information via our web-site here or call our CSD with the new Board Information.
- Question about an Invoice? CSD to the rescue. In addition to our Billing Department, you can always contact our CSD to answer any questions you have regarding an invoice.
- Hired a New Manager or Assigned a New Manager? Our CSD will ensure that this information is updated on our database to ensure that we have the proper contact information and that your manager also receives our complimentary services. To update manger information, please select this link.
These are just a few of the ways our Client Services Department assists our clients. The Client Services Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for your convenience.